Saturday, May 30, 2009

Not sure I should give anyone my thought as I have been mostly in cash but have taken some short plays through ETFs and options. Needless to say not good trading at this point. I did look up Schwabs ratings on the WFT and they gave it an "F" however not sure what the pricing was when you were looking at it. It has done well the past week or so and given what I see it should do well in the short run.
I don't understand what I am seeing in IBD. They say we are in an uptrend which I agree but the stocks in the "20" and "100" boxes mostly have D and E so how can that be good.
Those of you who bought the drillers after our last meeting should be looking good.
I still do not like the market. It has been up a low volume and poor leadership. It should be all about the fundamentals however people still are subscribing to "less bad is good" and seeing what they want to see. Saying all that, the trend overall is UP and as they say "the trend is your friend".
Conclusion: I don't like the market but the tend is your friend. There, I can't be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. Ray, I have had some great success this month with OIH, thanks! It was you that gave me the symbol at the last meeting. I have also been trading WFT, MDR and RIG. Good trades, but OIH has been, by far, the most lucrative.

    ReplyDelete